HOW TO CREATE A NEW USER
This guide will describe the four processes for the creation of a new group:
- The Administration Group
- Navigating the ATiM User Screen
- Adding a new user
- Setting user Login password
- setting up the User’s preferences
- From the main menu, click on the Tool Menu to access the extra ATiM plugins.
- *If you have access to administrate the ATiM applications you should be able to click the Administration icon and title in the list. If the icons and links are greyed out, that means you do not have access.
- Once in the Administration area of the ATiM application, hover over the first navigation pulldown to go to the Groups screen. The Groups screen lists all the Groups created in the ATiM application. All ATiM application Users must belong to a Group.
- Either choose an existing Group by clicking the provided green Detail arrow or create a brand new Group by clicking on the Add button in the bottom right of the Action Bar.
- Once the individual Group profile is displayed, use the second navigation pulldown to go to that Group’s Users screen.
- Existing ATiM User Groups will be listed on this screen and each of them can be accessed by clicking on the provided green detail arrow. To add a new user to this group click the Add button in the bottom right of the Action Bar.
- Fill in the display form, noting that the required fields are clearly marked. When you have made changed, click the Submit button on the bottom left directly underneath the form. Your ATiM User should be saved immediately, though you may need to log on and off before seeing any changes.
- Hover over the third navigation pulldown to go to the Passwords screen.
- Passwords are encrypted in the application for security’s sake so the ATiM application cannot show nor retrieve Users’ passwords. They can only be changed. On this screen, you will have to enter the password in twice, once in each field. Both fields must be filled in, and both fields must be filled in exactly the same. This acts as a confirmation that you are not mistyping the password.
- When you have made the edits, click the Submit button on the bottom left directly underneath the form. The password should update immediately, though the User may have to log out and back in to see changes.
- Hover over the third navigation pulldown to go to the Preferences screen.
- You should be able to review the existing ATiM preferences on the Preferences screen. If you need a full description as to what each preference does, hover over the corresponding help icon (the blue circle with the question marks) on the right-side of the screen. Review the current information, and if you need to change any of it, click the Edit button at the bottom right of the Action Bar.
- Fill in the edit form, noting that required fields are clearly marked. You should be able to change any of the preferences. When you have made your edits, click the Submit button on the bottom left directly underneath the form. The preferences should update immediately, though you may have to log out and back in to see changes.