CREATE COLLECTED SPECIMENS AND ALIQUOTS
This guide will describe the process to record:
- Two tissues (right and left ovaries) plus two bloods collected:
- From the same participant.
- At the same date.
- During the same surgery.
- And aliquots of these 4 specimens.
- Open Inventory Management module.
- Click on ‘Add Collection’ button to create a new collection.
- Enter collection data and submit.
Note: The ‘Collection Property’ field allows the user to define a collection either as a bank participant collection (‘Participant Collection’) or as a collection that will never be attached to a participant (‘Independent Collection’). In the second case, the collection will never be displayed in the clinical annotation module form used to link a participant to an available collection.
- In ‘Collection Details’ form, click on ‘Add Specimen’ to create a tissue.
- Enter tissue data of the left ovary and submit.
- Click on ‘Add Aliquot’ to create the OCT and Paraffin blocks.
- Enter data of the two blocks and submit.
Note: The following screenshots detail the process to duplicate block information using ‘Duplicate’/’Copy’ controls:
- Click on ‘(+)’ icon to duplicate row (step 1).
- Click on the ‘Copy’ icon to copy data of the first row then click on ‘Past’ icon to past data into the second row (steps 2 and 3).
- Change data being specific of the second record (steps 4, 5, 6).
- Click on ‘Add Aliquot’ to create the tube.
- Enter data of the tube and submit.
- To create the right ovary, click on ‘Collection Details’ menu and reproduce steps 1 to 6.
The blood creation process will be similar to the creation process detailed above.
All collections content could be displayed into a tree view by clicking n the ‘Collection Sample and Aliquot’s’menu.
This process may be reproduced to create: