CREATE COLLECTED SPECIMENS AND ALIQUOTS
This guide will describe the process to record:
- Two tissues (right and left ovaries) plus two bloods collected:
- From the same participant.
- At the same date.
- During the same surgery.
- And aliquots of these 4 specimens.
- Open Inventory Management module.
- Click on ‘Add Collection’ button to create a new collection.
- Enter collection data and submit.
Note: The ‘Collection Property’ field allows the user to define a collection either as a bank participant collection (‘Participant Collection’) or as a collection that will never be attached to a participant (‘Independent Collection’). In the second case, the collection will never be displayed in the clinical annotation module form used to link a participant to an available collection.
- Enter data of the two blocks and submit.
Note: The following screenshots detail the process to duplicate block information using ‘Duplicate’/’Copy’ controls:
- Click on ‘(+)’ icon to duplicate row (step 1).
- Click on the ‘Copy’ icon to copy data of the first row then click on ‘Past’ icon to past data into the second row (steps 2 and 3).
- Change data being specific of the second record (steps 4, 5, 6).
The blood creation process will be similar to the creation process detailed above.
This process may be reproduced to create: